Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Sunday, January 16, 2011

Behind the Scenes at {Beautiful Nest}

Hello friends! How was your weekend?

Maybe it was like mine, and just not quite long enough? ;)

BUT I am excited to tell you a couple of things about what's going on behind the scenes here at {Beautiful Nest}...uh, I mean belle & sparrow.

You see, after much thought, my sister and I have promoted "belle & sparrow" to our blog name. Originally we had chosen that as our blog title, but changed our minds. However, we both feel that this new name more clearly reflects what this blog is all about!

{Two sisters who are also the best of friends, journaling their adventures in homemaking! (This includes, but is not limited to: crafts, sewing, cleaning, cooking, baking, gardening, parenting, home improvement, renovation, and woodworking.}

So technically, we have changed the name of our blog, but are keeping {Beautiful Nest} as a kind of subtext. This is for a two reasons: it lets you know you're at the right blog; and it has become a part of who we are here, so we want to include it as a part of our blog banner text. The two phrases just go together.

Our blog address remains the same, and whether you call it {Beautiful Nest} or belle & sparrow, it will still take you to the same place! Our one concern is that you all still feel at home when you visit here, even though we have changed the name of our blog.

So, what do you think of this change? You can be honest with us, I promise! :)

Secondly, I have been learning my way around Photoshop Elements, thanks to both my husband and our 13 year old son! They are really two peas in a pod, and are naturals at anything computer related. Me? Not so much. But they are patient with me as I learn the ins and outs of blog design.

My son and I made the new banner you see above, but are not done with it. We installed what we had so far, because it was "good enough" for tonight. It's a start.

Don't be surprised, though, if the pictures are completely different tomorrow, and the font, too! I am still playing with the pictures! We also still have to make a font for the navigational bar, which is where my sister Belle comes in! So it's kind of a group process at this point, until we get exactly what we want for our blog design!

The thing is, I am getting this, and finding that it isn't as difficult as I first thought! The next time I want to mix things up, I will be doing it by myself...it's so satisfying to learn something you always felt was beyond your abilities.

I'm not saying that the banner we have so far is by any means professional. But I believe if I practice at this, one day it could be. Maybe I have found something I could be good at?

These are my thoughts anyway as I type away tonight.

What are your thoughts on all of this? I'd love to hear what you think~ about what we have so far for the blog banner or the blog name change, or any of this! :)


{I cannot leave you without at least one picture!}


Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit! I {Jenni} will be back tomorrow with a Valentine's Day craft! Have a restful night!

Blessings,




11 comments:

Tiff said...

I think the new banner is lovely and I think you are so lucky to have a sister to share common interests with! So I am liking your makeover and I am looking forward with great interest for the further adventures of belle & sparrow! X

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I've had such a lovely catch-up of your posts. I love the window frame. And the clutter tips for children's rooms.

And your header!! You've been busy bees!! You've done a great job. It caught my eye immediately. Well done!!

Sarahx

Erin said...

Cool, I like the changes and if you come up with something else, I am sure to like it too...You girls can do no wrong, you are awesome!

Nancy said...

Love the name change! Your header is great, can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

. said...

I think the new name is lovely! :)

I'm sure it will take a bit for it to sink to all of us (ok, me LOL), but it will still be the same beautiful blog which is all I care about. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just popping over to see what's new and I see it's your header. I like the name and the new look. It only makes sense that you both include each others names. I think it's awesome that you girls share the same "loves" in life. I appreciate your blog so much! Thanks for the sweet comment the other day, also. You made my day :)

Good luck with playing around in Photoshop. I like this header but I'll be prepared, haha!

Blessings friend! Have a super day!

michelle said...

I think it is coming along beautifully! I love the name and it does make sense to have both of you on here since you share so much! have fun playing around and it seems at my house too, the children know more about computers than me!! :)

Allison said...

Love the name change, and that fact that you're keeping {Beautiful Nest} as a sub name.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog but love it so far. The new header looks great!

Robin Beck said...

I like both the names! Your blog is always wonderful ladies!

Anonymous said...

Ladies, I am LOVIN the changes!!!! You go Girls!!! :-) So beautiful.